2 >>Pick out the wrong statement. ?
- (A) Increases the reducing potential of the gas.
- (B) Increases the flame temperature.
- (C) No significant change occurs.
- (D) Increases the hydrogen content in the metal.
- (A) A ferromagnetic material becomes paramagnetic above the 'Curie temperature'.
- (B) Permanent magnets are made of hard materials, whereas electromagnets require soft magnetic materials.
- (C) Soft magnetic materials (e.g., pure iron) have higher permeability and low hysterisis loss and coercive forces.
- (D) Tungsten steel and alnico are not hard magnetic materials.
- (A) 60 - 100
- (B) 400 - 700
- (C) 1200 -1500
- (D) 2000 - 2300
4 >>Maximum permissible air velocity in pipelines is about __________ metre/second. ?
5 >>Area under the stress-strain curve upto the __________ is referred to as the modulus of resilience. ?
- (A) 5
- (B) 10
- (C) 20
- (D) 40
- (A) yield strength
- (B) elastic limit
- (C) proportional limit
- (D) maximum point
6 >>__________ is the hardest oxide and is hence used where high wear resistance at high temperature is required. ?
7 >>Titanium alloys are welded using the Following process: ?
- (A) Beryllia
- (B) Zirconia
- (C) Alumina
- (D) Magnesia
8 >>An alloy of Fe - 0.4 % C is ?
- (A) TIG welding.
- (B) Submerged arc welding.
- (C) Butt welding.
- (D) Electron beam welding.
9 >>A material in which the atoms are arranged regularly in some directions but not in others, is termed as 'mesomorphous material'; an example of which is ?
- (A) cast iron.
- (B) hypo-eutectoid steel.
- (C) hyper-eutectoid steel.
- (D) eutectoid steel
- (A) lead
- (B) glass
- (C) mica
- (D) silver
11 >>Nuclear fission of one atom of uranium-235 produces the energy equivalent to about __________ MeV. ?
- (A) speed of the extruded material is same as that of ram speed.
- (B) Redundant work is a function of the die angle.
- (C) Relative motion between the billet surface and the container wall is always present.
- (D) Hollow ram is used for indirect extrusion.
- (A) 20
- (B) 200
- (C) 500
- (D) 1000
Download12 >>Which of the following parameters is not responsible for the heat loss from a hot steam carrying bare pipe surface located in a room without fans ? ?
13 >>Machinability of hard alloys and tool steels is improved by ?
- (A) Emissivity of pipe surface.
- (B) Diameter & length of the pipe.
- (C) Temperature of hot pipe surface & that of air in the room.
- (D) none of these.
14 >>Transformation range for ferrous material is the temperature interval during which __________ is formed during its heating. ?
- (A) spherodising
- (B) annealing
- (C) tempering
- (D) normalizing
15 >>Maximum amount of thermal radiation is emitted at all wavelengths at any specified temperature by a/an __________ body. ?
- (A) cementite
- (B) austenite
- (C) martensite
- (D) pearlite
16 >>In condensers used in thermal power plants, steam is normally used in shell side and cooling water on the tube side, because of the reason that ?
- (A) grey
- (B) black
- (C) opaque
- (D) white
17 >>Absolute zero pressure can be attained at a temperature of ?
- (A) compared to the mass flow rate of cooling water, the rate of condensation of steam is invariably smaller.
- (B) maintaining vacuum on tube side is more difficult than that on the shell side.
- (C) water velocity can be increased conveniently to increase the overall heat transfer co-efficient because of its lower specific volume compared to steam.
- (D) condenser can act as a storage unit for condensed steam.
18 >>When the density of the reaction mixture is constant in a chemical reaction, the ratio of the mean residence time to space time is ?
- (A) 0°C
- (B) 50°K
- (C) 0°R
- (D) none of these
19 >>If the demand for an item is trebled and the order cost is reduced to one third, then the economic order quantity ?
- (A) > 1
- (B) < 1
- (C) 1
- (D) 0
20 >>Copper deposits are found in India at the following location: ?
- (A) is trebled.
- (B) remains unchanged.
- (C) decreases by a factor of 3.
- (D) decreases by a factor of 1/3.
- (A) Kudremukh
- (B) Kolar
- (C) Khetri
- (D) Ramagundam
Similar searches: Chemical Engineering Questions and Answers, Quick Quiz: Test Your Chemical Engineering Knowledge, Chemical Engineering Online Tests Quiz, Multiple Choice Questions on Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering MCQ Practice Tests, PDF