1 >>Transition from laminar to turbulent zone in free convection heat transfer is governed by the critical value of ?
2 >>The most economical channel section for the fluid flow is the one for which the discharge is maximum for a given cross-sectional area. Vertical velocity distribution in an open channel for laminar flow can be assumed to be ?
- (A) Grashoff number.
- (B) Grashoff number & Reynolds number.
- (C) Reynolds number.
- (D) Grashoff number & Prandtl number.
- (A) fusion
- (B) fission
- (C) combustion
- (D) none of these
4 >>Which of the following fastening devices has a head at one end and a nut fitted to the other ? ?
5 >>Sudden fall of atmospheric pressure by a large amount is an indication of the ?
- (A) Bolt
- (B) Stud
- (C) Top bolt
- (D) None of these
- (A) rain
- (B) cold wave
- (C) storm
- (D) fair weather
Download6 >>In chemical dehumidification process ?
7 >>Secondary hardening in steels arises out of the ?
- (A) wet bulb temperature increases.
- (B) dry bulb temperature remains constant.
- (C) dew point temperature increases.
- (D) dry bulb temperature increases.
8 >>Drills are usually made of ?
- (A) precipitation of fine alloy carbides at high temperatures.
- (B) refinement of ferrite grain size by working.
- (C) decomposition of retained austenite upon heat treatment.
- (D) precipitation of complex inter-metal-lics upon heat treatment.
9 >>Tumbling is the process of improving the __________ of the materials/parts. ?
- (A) cermets
- (B) high speed steel
- (C) alloy steel
- (D) tungsten carbide
- (A) surface finish
- (B) fatigue limit
- (C) creep limit
- (D) surface cleanliness
11 >>__________ of air does not increase with increase in temperature. ?
- (A) flow output
- (B) head developed
- (C) overall efficiency
- (D) weight
- (A) Density
- (B) Thermal diffusivity
- (C) Viscosity
- (D) Thermal conductivity
Download12 >>Spherical shape of mercury droplets is due to its ?
13 >>Sub zero treatment of steel is done to ?
- (A) high viscosity.
- (B) low surface tension.
- (C) high density.
- (D) high surface tension.
14 >>Which of the following varies as the square root of oil pressure during atomisation of fuel oil through a pressure jet burner ? ?
- (A) suppress martensite transformation.
- (B) enhance its working performance in sub zero atmosphere.
- (C) reduce the retained austenite in hardened steel.
- (D) induce temper brittleness after its hardening.
15 >>The most suitable material of construction for a sewer to carry sewage under high pressure is ?
- (A) Output & fineness
- (B) Velocity
- (C) Both (a) & (b)
- (D) None of these
16 >>Filler material used in welding should have __________ as compared to the parent metal to be welded. ?
- (A) asbestos cement
- (B) steel
- (C) cement concrete
- (D) stoneware
17 >>Oxygen cylinders used for autogenous (cutting/welding) purposes are ?
- (A) lower melting temperature
- (B) same melting temperature
- (C) same composition
- (D) both 'b' & 'c'
18 >>Identify the correct statement. ?
- (A) seamless & made of steel.
- (B) heat treated before use.
- (C) made by sand casting.
- (D) welded steel cylinders.
19 >>Dowtherm is a ?
- (A) Sphlerite is zinc oxide.
- (B) The first law of the thermodynamics is stated as ?E = ?Q - ?W.
- (C) Lead can be produced in a blast furnace.
- (D) T. ferrooxidans is a fungus that can be used for leaching chalcopyrite.
20 >>To counteract the bad effects of strain hardening on a cold formed part, it must be ?
- (A) high temperature heating medium (a petroleum product).
- (B) product of coal tar distillation.
- (C) very heat sensitive material.
- (D) none of these.
- (A) tempered
- (B) normalised
- (C) annealed
- (D) hardened
Similar searches: Chemical Engineering Questions and Answers, Quick Quiz: Test Your Chemical Engineering Knowledge, Chemical Engineering Online Tests Quiz, Multiple Choice Questions on Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering MCQ Practice Tests, PDF